In preparing for CDLC’s 2016-2021 Plan of Service, we worked with a Plan of Service Committee and gathered input from CDLC members, committees, the Board of Trustees and staff.
At the recommendation of the committee, rather than a survey focusing on current services (most recently done in February 2014), CDLC presented proposed pilot projects to gather feedback defining CDLC’s priorities. The proposed pilot projects were identified based on results of the 2014 survey, committee meetings, discussions with members and general industry trends.
We held three member forums in January at CDLC, Mohawk Valley Library System and Southern Adirondack Library System where all members and other interested parties were invited. Twenty-eight individuals representing public libraries and public library systems, school library systems, hospital libraries, academic libraries, government agencies, historical associations and museums, attended the forums. Members also submitted comments via an online survey and online form, which resulted in 59 responses.
CDLC would like to extend a thank you to our Plan of Service Committee for guiding this process and ensuring that CDLC continues to offer timely and relevant services for our members. Committee members are:
- Katherine Brent, SUNY Cobleskill, representing public academic libraries and CDLC’s Committee on Resource Sharing
- Jim Gandy, NYS Military Museum representing museum libraries and CDLC’s Regional Automation Advisory Committee
- Alex Gutelius, Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library, representing public libraries and the CDLC Board of Trustees
- Elissa Kane, The Dudley Observatory, representing special libraries and the CDLC Board of Trustees
- Andy Krzystyniak, Skidmore College, representing private academic libraries and CDLC’s Committee on Resource Sharing
- Rebecca Mugridge, University at Albany, representing university libraries/public academic libraries
- J’Aime Pfeiffer, WSWHE BOCES School Library System, representing school libraries and the CDLC Board of Trustees
- Joe Thornton, Upper Hudson Library System, representing public library systems and CDLC’s Regional Automation Advisory Committee
- Donna Winkelman, Glens Falls Hospital/Saratoga Hospital, representing hospital libraries and CDLC’s Hospital Libraries Services Program