Second Summit Moves Initiatives Forward
I2NY -- Information Infrastructure for New York -- is an endeavor, led by the NY 3Rs Association, Inc, which brings together leaders from the library, archival and cultural heritage communities with a desired outcome of a strengthened infrastructure for the creation, dissemination, and storage of information throughout the State.
Final Report and Executive Summary Available
In May 2015, 70 library and archives directors and thought leaders met in Saratoga Springs, New York to review and assess accomplishments of the groups that had been working on the 6 priorities developed at the I2NY Summit 2012.
Participants also had an opportunity to learn about important initiatives currently under development at New York libraries, discuss related collaborative services and projects since the first Summit was held, and focus on new projects to meet current information needs within the state.
At Summit 2, participants endorsed the continuation of the I2NY effort and these specific initiatives:
- The Empire State Digital Network: The project has become well-established and successful in New York State, and is recognized as one of the model Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) hubs in the country.
- Library Assessment and Return on Investment: Around the country, both national and state associations, as well as individual institutions, are involved in assessing the strengths of their services and needs of their constituents.
- E-Resources: Several components envisioned in the 2012 Summit have been realized. This initiative will continue to move forward with enhancements or improvements as needed to the E-Resources Manifesto, the Licensing Toolkit, and the continuation of investigation into database pricing.
- Library as Publisher: This project has achieved some results which could be useful on a national scale – the webinars on related projects, and the grant program – and will explore other areas such as Scholarly Publishing.
- National E-Book Platform: Micah May from New York Public Library presented information on Library Simplified.
- New York Statewide Catalog and/or "discovery tool."