DPLA reaches a new milestone of over 10 million records with the help of more than 87,000 items from digital collections across New York State
The Capital District Library Council (CLDC), a member of the NY 3Rs Association, Inc, and Empire State Digital Network (ESDN) are pleased to announce that digital materials from New York institutions are now available in the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA).
During the past year, CDLC and NY Heritage have been collaborating with ESDN to facilitate the sharing of digital collections from member institutions to DPLA. In April, ESDN contributed a first batch of 87,000 metadata records from New York cultural heritage institutions to DPLA. Included in this initial contribution are records from New York Heritage, Hudson River Valley Heritage, Long Island Memories, and the New York State Library. These New York collections join more than 10 million items already available through DPLA.
More than 11,000 records from the following CDLC member’s NY Heritage Collections are now available in the DPLA!
- Albany Law School: http://bit.ly/1EdRWiV
- Albany Public Library: http://bit.ly/1GAqoIe
- Bethlehem Public Library: http://bit.ly/1OYx8Pt
- Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library: http://bit.ly/1Jv6Vtp
- miSci: http://bit.ly/1EJu2PD
- New York State Military Museum: http://bit.ly/1DtDEH6
- Saratoga Springs Public Library: http://bit.ly/1DDeMxX
- Siena College: http://bit.ly/1QATSIL
- Steinmetz Digital Collection of Schenectady: http://bit.ly/1EJvEsE
- The College of Saint Rose: http://bit.ly/1z69Bdo
- The Sage Colleges: http://bit.ly/1zLH5sn
- All ESDN records in DPLA: http://bit.ly/1zu0oX8
- New York State Library records in DPLA: http://bit.ly/1Or6bnh