Item Viewer / Capital District Library Council / Digital Collections
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Trolley Stop, Rexford Amusement Park, Rexford, NY, c. 1920
Trolley Stop, Rexford Amusement Park, Rexford, NY, c. 1920
TitleTrolley Stop, Rexford Amusement Park, Rexford, NY, c. 1920
Creatorunknown
Date of Original1920?
DescriptionPhotograph of the Rexford Amusement Park, Rexford, NY. The park was originally known as Luna Park when it opened in 1906, then renamed Dolle's Park when Fred Dolle acquired it in 1911. It became Rexford Park in 1916 when the park came under new management, and it closed in 1933. The electric trolley can be seen at the trolley stop at left. Rides are visible in the background, including the roller coaster on the left and merry-go-round on the right.
Subject.TGMAmusement parks
Roller coasters
Amusement rides
Street railroad stations
Street railroads
Corporate NameRexford Park
LocationRexford-Saratoga County- New York
CDLC DP TopicArchitecture
Business & Industry
Recreation
Transportation
Format of Originalphotograph; b&w; 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. (8.9 x 14 cm.)
TypeStill image
SourcePapp Historical Publications, 58 Woodlawn St., Schenectady, NY 12306
Resource IdentifierIAA00097
Publisher of DigitalClifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
Date of Digital2008-10-14
Format of Digitalimage/jpeg